Terms & Conditions
By accepting and paying for your initial consultation the client agrees to the following with Health Alkemy (HEALTH ALKEMY PMA)
You will discuss and agree the support you require from HEALTH ALKEMY in your first session, and review the progress and focus of your work together as you go along. You may decide to end your work together at this point or continue working together on a more ad-hoc basis.
The initial session is 90 minutes in length, and follow-up sessions last 45 minutes. Longer sessions, and more frequent sessions, can be negotiated if you require more intensive support. If you are late for an appointment the session will still end at the arranged time.
You are required to pay for sessions, which are missed or canceled, with less than 48 hours’ notice. Please note that we require payment before your scheduled session/s start. You will receive an invoice at the time of booking the initial consultation. Please note that all pre-paid packages paid for upfront are non-refundable and are subject to a time limit in which they need to be used.
It is important that you attend sessions regularly. However, if you do need to cancel an appointment please let HEALTH ALKEMY know with at least 48 hours’ notice. You can do this in advance in a session.
Clients of HEALTH ALKEMY are confidential plus all discussions within clinic sessions. There are, however, some limits and exceptions to confidentiality, which HEALTH ALKEMY will talk through with you.
If HEALTH ALKEMY has serious concerns about your safety or the safety of another person normal confidentiality may be lifted. You will be asked to provide your GP’s contact details, as someone they may contact in these circumstances.
Record Keeping & Data Protection
HEALTH ALKEMY retains a record of your name, contact details, and dates and times of appointments on a password-protected database. HEALTH ALKEMY is required to keep brief notes about the focus of your work. These are kept securely and are password protected. Any reports produced by HEALTH ALKEMY to evaluate the service contains anonymous data and will not contain any identifying information of clients. HEALTH ALKEMY operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Problems & Complaints
If you are having a problem with HEALTH ALKEMY, or the service, which you have not been able to resolve please provide written details of the concern.
Working on Skype, Phone, Zoom & FaceTime
It is your responsibility to have a working internet connection for all Skype and FaceTime sessions. You will be charged for scheduled sessions if your nutritional therapist is waiting for your call, but you are unable to connect online. We will call you for any phone sessions to a US landline or mobile number if you are in the US.
HEALTH ALKEMY practice is in accordance with the Nutritional Therapists Ethical Framework and in line with HEALTH ALKEMY policies regarding Equal Opportunities and Safety.
The Nutritional Therapy Descriptor
Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance, and individual care. Nutritional therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Nutritional therapy is recognized as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
Practitioners consider each individual to be unique and recommend personalized nutrition and lifestyle programs rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with ‘red flag’ signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client’s care to explain any nutritional therapy program that has been provided.
The Nutritional Therapist (NT) requests that the Client notes the following:-
- The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar Nutritional Therapy program. Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed upon between both parties.
- Nutritional therapists are not permitted to diagnose or claim to treat medical conditions.
- Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
- Your Nutritional Therapist may recommend food supplements and/or functional testing as part of your Nutritional Therapy program and may receive a commission on these products or services.
- Standards of professional practice in Nutritional Therapy are governed by the CNHC Code of Conduct.
- This document only covers the practice of Nutritional Therapy within this consultation, and your practitioner will make it clear if he or she intends to step outside this boundary.
The Client understands and agrees to the following:–
- I am responsible for contacting my GP about any health concerns.
- I give permission for you to contact my GP regarding any agreed aspects of my case: YES
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical provider, I should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by my nutritional therapist (Craig Lane). This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and the nutritional program.
- It is important that I tell my nutritional therapist (Craig Lane) about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements, I am taking as this may affect the nutritional program.
- If I am unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy (Craig Lane) program/food supplement doses/time period, I should contact my nutritional therapist (Craig Lane) promptly for clarification.
- I must contact my nutritional therapist (Craig Lane) should I wish to continue any specified supplement program for longer than the originally agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without written permission by both HEALTH ALKEMY and you the client.