Health Alkemy supports the community
I support, and my team supports collaboration
In the Fall of 2020, we teamed up with Heartland Collective Eco Resort to create a 3-day mini-retreat. The theme was “taking in and letting go,” relevant to the Fall Season.
Health Alkemy led a 21 day cleanse in October 2020, spent the three days in the lovely wilderness of Heartland. The purpose of this retreat is to offer community support, good food made with support, some learning about seasonal eating, nutrition, and the land/soil, and how our bodies reflect Nature in so many ways.
We are offering another round of retreats
TBD - working on a date
Logistics of the weekend include:
What to grow to keep themselves healthy?
Ease of growth – how to grow
Why they are relevant?
Planting a few things?
- Golden berry seeds
- Cucumber melon seeds
- Gotu kola
Friday 6 to 7 pm start
- Intro, dinner, Opening Circle – setting intentions, calling in the Friends
- Solid Winter eating, diet, and self-care – and our transition season of Fall
- Keeping self healthy with foods and herbs
- Finish 9 to 10 pm and after event fun
Saturday 7 to 8 am start
- Brief movement outdoors, then Joe Dispenza meditation
Breakfast an hour later
- Heartland Garden time – Herb walk, plant identification, and uses of common foods and herbs. We will plant some plants and seeds, from what we talked about Friday evening (theme is easy to grow, easy to process, and many benefits in health)
- Acorn gathering, bring mason jars to soak in (optional )
- Garden time over before Noon
- Trip to the Yuba River – water conversation, watershed conversation in nature and our bodies (edwards crossing- yuba river)
Dendritic patterns – what are these? How does our body do similar patterns?
- Water-Fire conversation – water controls fire
Dinner – wood fired pizza, chia cake crust, sourdough pizza crust, salads, talk on Food Needs for Types of People, Ancestry, Metabolic type, and our individual needs.
Story – telling – w/music, in the Kiva – ends 10pm or so, could go late
Sunday 7 to 8 am start
Breakfast – chef’s all star breakfast -fall/winter
- Put all the stuff into action we learned earlier – talk on advance preparation for health needs, having a plan, sticking to the plan, modifications based on provocations and challenges.
- Closing Circle midday early afternoon, Releasing the Friends, and feedback, input for follow up (seasonal retreats will be offered)
Lodging is $25 per tent – per night
- Fees for the weekend are TBD
Two options for meals.
There will be a culinary class/teaching around each meal:
Dinner Friday – soup, salad, tea, desserts, mocktails from herbs
Breakfast Saturday – tea, eggs prepared in various ways, sauteed roots, salsas
Lunch Saturday – is a pack lunch of veggies, drinks, sides of protein choices, and fruits
Dinner Saturday – pizza of various types, salads, and mocktails, desserts
Breakfast Sunday – a brunch of eggs, seasonal veggies, fresh salsas, and various “bready options.”