Use this page as a gateway to many other topics and links.
Why eat probiotic foods?
Because the intestinal flora, and its importance as the inner garden of our intestines. Is your’s a weed filled patch of rotting microbial masses? Or is it a campsite for helpful and friendly critters that supply co-factors and help for our tissues?
What can a helpful intestinal flora do for me?
• Increase immunity (most of our lymph and assaults on blood come from gut)
• Hormonal breakdown (portal circulation and bile critical here)
• Bile transformation (poisons broken down and excreted)
• More energy (B-vitamin production)
• Recognition of self (end of arthritis, intestinal inflammation and reactivity, auto-immune disorders, allergies, asthma, hives)
• Clearer thinking (less congestion in belly = more blood flow to brain)
• Deactivate mycotoxins from yeast/fungus (guess what actually craves sweets?)
• Create complete proteins
• Crowd out less helpful critters
• Transform and clean out oxidized and harmful compounds
Examples of foods to incorporate better flora
• Sauerkraut, Lacto fermented pickles
• Lacto-fermented sodas
• Home-made lacto-fermented condiments such as catsup, mustard, and salsa
• Grain/nut/seed milks
• Soaked oatmeal
• Nut and seed cheeses
• Nut and seed sausages
• Yogurt based doughs for baking (to break down less desirable elements in flour)
• Dairy ferments such as yogurt, kefir, crème fraiche, sour cream, piima cream