• BS Nutrition– Cal Poly SLO 1996 – Clinical aspects of health, anatomy, physiology, chemistry, biology and medical interfacing
• BS Business – Cal PoLy SLO minor in English 1988 – How to run a business, communication skills.
• Trained Hospice Volunteer – SLO 1995 – Learning to engage death and unpleasant circumstances, embracing human diversity
• Complete Level II training at Kushi Institute of Macrobiotics – 1996
Teachers: Alex Jack, John Kozinski, Warren Kramer, Clyde Motosue, Carry Wolf, Wendy & Edward Esko, Charles Millman, Mayumi Nishimura. Learned how to diagnose using observation, questioning, palpation, and clinical testing, how to cook for different seasons, weather, disease states, and age groups. In addition, learned Barefoot Shiatsu, traditional food processing, natural health care, and Do-In.
• Completed Herbal Medicine Correspondence course and Clinical Study – East West Herb Course, Spring Seminars, and volunteer work.
Teachers: Michael and Leslie Tierra, Christopher Hobbs, Candace Canten Packard. Learned the value of three major world herbal and health traditions: Chinese, Ayurvedic, and Western. Deepened his skills of Holistic diagnosis, herbal formulation, herbal remedies, and five years of personal experience growing, wildcrafting, and use of over 300 herbs.
• Native American Herbal Studies – Randall Roffe DC, SLO 1997-98
Learned subtle shamanic work, the Native American Medicine Wheel, and the use of herbs and wild plants by various native cultures. Learned the value of living in tune with nature, and the wisdom of elders
• Subtle Energy Healing – Wendy McKenna, and Reiki Level 1 Attunement, 1998-2002. Deepened experience in shamanic and energy healing, the value of focus and intention
• Certification as a Massage Therapist – 2001 (over 1,000 hours education from 1995 to 2001) – Jim Gallas and others. Twin Lakes College of the Healing Arts, Santa Cruz, CA. Certification in Shiatsu and Acupressure, with adjuncts in Polarity, Swedish, and Energy Work
• Foundations of Clinical Nutrition – Standard Process, Emeryville, CA 2007. Art Capperauld, (personal study of Dr. Royal Lee, Dr. Bruce West). 32 hour course in laboratory work, blood values, medical interfacing, endocrinology, and fine-tuning diagnostic techniques
• Iridology, Sclerology, Endocrinology, and Naturopath self-study – 2006-2016
Bernard Jensen, Dr. Richard Anderson, Henry Harrower. Use of study of the eye, relationship of intestinal health to total health, and the value of knowing the relationships of the internal organs and their secretions.
• Clinical Health, Dakota Health Center – Santa Cruz CA, 2000-2011
Dr. Charles Goodwin DC, Lac. Work in massage therapy, nutrition, and herbal health full-time
Founded Holistology – Holistologist as medical advocate for Veterans, and those in need of proper care – 2016
• Subtle Education and Experience (Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality) – 1989-2016
• Began Hatha Yoga – 1986 – Cal Poly SLO – Sonya Glassmeyer
• First teacher in spirituality (deceased) Paramahansa Yogananda 1990
Learned value of focus, will, intention, and the famous Energization Exercises.
• Zen Buddhism – various sitting practices 1995 – 1999. Learned the art of stillness, zazen, and group practices/dialogue. Integrated these into meditation – through current practice to date.
• Non-Dual Spirituality – Santa Cruz, CA 2001-2009. Adyashanti and Mokshananda. Learned the art of inquiry, surrender, acceptance, and engaging life with “effortless effort.”